Air humidity the critical factor in industrial processesHumidity is omnipresent, whether in manufacturing, in processing or in storage the environmental air is the decisive carrier of humidity in all industrial processes. For this reason, control of air humidity primarily means guarantee of optimum environmental conditions.
- Excessive air humidity can lead to a multitude of problems:
- Deterioration of product quality
- Bio-contamination of foodstuffs
- Increased maintenance expenditure
on machines and buidings
- Damage to buildings
- Increased heating costs due to reduced
insulation properties of buildings
- Reduced staff productivity
- Unpleasant smells
It is often necessary to match air humidity to current requirements due to variables that could not be foreseen in the past, such as e.g. different quality requirements in the products to be manufactured, new manufacturing techniques or more complex logistical processes in storage and transportation.